New Katy/White Rock Trail rules/guidelines:
- No long leashes.
- No headphones.
- Cyclists must chill out when passing foot peoples.
- If it doesn’t interfere with whatever it is you are doing, try to be aware of your surroundings.
- No more than two abreast. Groups of three or more must rotate position/conversational exclusion.
- No cologne/perfume/bad gas.
- No stopping to talk shop.
- No diving.
- No assholes.
- No triathletes.
- More cops.
This short film by Kato Bentley offers a glimpse into urban cycling culture in Dallas.
Well done, sir!
So says common knowledge & experience.
They will pull you over for anything so you’d better be on your best behavior. Wear your helmet. Lights and reflectors are a must. Completely stop/unclip/lookbothdirections at all stop signs.
For your own safety, remember to yield to invincibly drunk teenagers, inattentive self-centered cougars & wealthy white men driving like 15 year olds.
Your best bet is to stay on the major streets and just sprint out of the bubble.
Damn their nicely paved streets.